Sometimes you just need a free online tool that will help you do a given task. Rather than simply developing a tool to do it, if you can find it quick, an online tool can save you lots of time. The problem is finding it. This list is here to help.
- AChecker: This tool lets you point at a page and it will do the accessibility scan. If you want ot scan your entire site, TechGuilds has a free AChecker QuickStart that available. Email them at email@example.com for more info.
- HTML5 Outliner Chrome Plug-In: This plug-in for Google Chrome will show you a sitemap of your site in Html5. A proper structure will make it easier for screen readers to read your site.
Site Speed Checkers
- GTMetrix: This tool allows you to provide the url and it runs the test agnostic of browser.
- YSlow: This is a browser plug-in so useful within your browser of choice to diagnose speed issues however note that this is browser specific so if the user reports it slow in Firefox then you may need to use YSlow in Firefox to properly diagnose.
XML Sitemap Generator
- XML Sitemap Generator: Ideally you would have a component on your site to do this in real-time, however sometimes on a project, if you forgot to, you may want to push a manual one until you have time to set one up. This took will help if your site is under 500 pages. If its more there are alternatives described on this page.